Frequently Asked Questions

Q: I have misplaced my child's birth certificate. How do I obtain a certified copy?

A: Each state has an agency that is responsible for vital records. Contact the agency for the state in which your child was born. Provided below are links to the Morgan County Health Department, Georgia Department of Vital Records and VitalChek.

Morgan County Health Department - (706) 752-1266

www.publichealthathens. com

Georgia Department of Human Resources/Vital Records - (404) 679-4701


(Note: If a student was born in Georgia, the Morgan County Health Department may be able to provide a birth certificate.)

Q: I have misplaced my child's social security card. How do I obtain a copy?

A: An application for a social security card will need to be completed and taken to a local Social Security Administration office along with other required documents. Listed below is the link to download the application.

Social Security Administration - (800) 772-1213

Q: How do I obtain a Georgia Immunization Form and / or EED (Eye, Ear & Dental) Form?

A: Contact your child's (Georgia) medical provider or visit the Morgan County Health Department. If you have completed forms from another state, you must visit the Morgan County Health Department or another Georgia medical provider to have the information translated to the approved Georgia forms.

Q: I rented or purchased my home within the last 30 days and have not yet received a utility bill. What documentation do I need to provide?

A: Contact your local utility company to obtain documentation that service is pending. Be sure that this documentation states the physical address of the residence.

Q: I live with someone else and do not have any utilities in my name. What documentation do I need to provide?

A: The person with whom your family is living must provide 2 proofs of their residency and complete an Affidavit of Residency. Please contact the Morgan County Charter School System Central Office with any questions.

Q: Are cell phone bills accepted as proof of residence?

A: Cell phone bills are not accepted as valid proof of residence. Telephone, electric, water, gas, satellite or cable bills that includes the physical address of the residence are accepted.

Q: I do not have a copy of my utility bill. how do I obtain a copy?

A: Contact your local utility company or print a copy of your most recent e-bill. Links are provided below for some local utility companies.

BellSouth - (800) 757-6500

City of Madison - (706) 342-1251

City of Rutledge - (706) 557-2223

Walton EMC - (770) 267-2505

DirecTV - (800) 494-4388

Dish Network - (888) 284-7116

Georgia Power - (888) 6605890

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.