Required Documents for Kindergarten Registration
- Proof of Residency:Parents/Guardians wishing to register their child(ren) in Morgan County Schools must submit any two(2) of the following proofs of Morgan County residency:
- Property tax bill
- Current Utility bill with service address
- Current Cable bill with service address
- Rental agreement with landlord’s name and phone number provided
- Settlement statement, signed and notarized
(If the family is living in a home with someone else, both the parent/guardian and the person the family is living with must come to the Board of Education Central Office to submit an affidavit and provide two(2) valid forms of residency.)
- Guardians who are not the birth parent must provide legal documentation of custody/guardianship.
- If the biological parents are divorced the custodial parent must live in Morgan County.
- To prevent or limit access of a parent to the child or the child’s educational records, court orders are required.
- Restraining Orders or other Legal Documents specifically limiting the access of any individual to the student(s) being enrolled must be submitted.
- Proof of Identification of Parent
- Age Verification – birth certificate, hospital issued record of birth, military ID, passport, adoption record, religious record signed by an authorized religious official
- Social Security Card (if number is provided). If you choose not to provide your child’s social security number a Social Security Waiver Form is required and will be available at the time of enrollment.
- Hearing, vision, dental and nutrition screening official State of Georgia form, #3300 by a qualified member of the Health Department or a private physician. Or Proof of a scheduled appointment on your health provider’s letterhead.
- Certificate of Immunization official State of Georgia form #3231, or an Affidavit of Religious Conflict with Immunization Requirements (form available at time of enrollment). Or Proof of a scheduled appointment on your health provider’s letterhead.
Documentation for Homeless Students – Homeless students, as defined by the McKinney-Vento Act, shall be enrolled immediately with full participation in school activities, regardless of whether required documentation can be provided at the time of enrollment. The designated employee responsible for care of homeless students shall assist the person enrolling the homeless student or the unaccompanied youth in acquiring the necessary documents for enrollment in accordance with the requirements of the state enrollment rule and the Act.
“The School District, in its enrollment procedures, requirements and process does not and
will not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, or immigration status.”
Once you have secured all required documents complete Online Registration and call 706-752-4600 to make an appointment to visit Central Registration at 1065 East Avenue, Madison