Parent Portal Access
Morgan County School System Electronic Web Access Agreement for Viewing Student Information
User ExpectationsThe Morgan County School System (MCSS) manages student information electronically and will make student records available for viewing to authorized parents/guardians through a secure connection over the Internet. All eligible parents/guardians will comply with the MCSS’s Internet use regulations and all technology regulations/procedures, as well as other district policies that may apply.
Electronic Access to Student Information RegulationThe MCSS uses a secure Internet site to enable electronic access to student information. All users of the Campus Portal understand that this is a private network for which account activity is electronically recorded. All users of Campus Portal consent to electronic monitoring of account activity.
Accessible InformationMCSS reserves the right to add, modify, or delete functions viewed via the Infinite Campus Portal at any time without notice, including, but not limited to, the functions listed below.
- Class Schedule
- Student Grades
Use of the SystemParents/guardians are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
1) Parents/guardians will act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
2) Parents/guardians will not attempt to modify, harm, or destroy the school or district data or network.
3) Parents/guardians will not attempt to access an account assigned to another user.
4) Parents/guardians will not use the information on this portal for any illegal activity, including violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws may be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
5) Parents/guardians who identify a security problem within the portal should notify the Morgan County Board of Education immediately.
6) Account holders are responsible for protecting their passwords.
7) Parents/guardians identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
Security Features1) Access is made available with a secure Internet site.
2) Three unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user’s account.
3) Users will be automatically logged off if they leave their web browser open and inactive for a period of time.
4) A Campus Portal account will be deactivated when the parent/guardian no longer has a child actively enrolled in the MCSS or when a court action denies the parent/guardian access to the student’s information.
Limitation of District LiabilityThe MCSS will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The district will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian that might compromise their student’s information. Each school will make every attempt to ensure that information is accurate and complete. If parent/guardians discover inaccurate information, they will notify their child’s school immediately. They may be required to provide proof of the inaccurate information. The district does not promise any particular level or method of access to the site for viewing student information. The district will not be responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of the district’s system or the Internet.
If you accept the terms listed above click here.