Special Education Services
Special Education, in accordance with State and Federal guidelines, provides services to all eligible students from ages three through their twenty-second birthday. In the spirit of inclusion and equity, Special Education services are provided within the general education setting to the maximum extent possible. Services are provided through certified Special Education teachers and paraprofessionals, General Education teachers, and school and system level administrators with expertise in the collaborative/co-teaching delivery model with an emphasis on specially designed instruction. Related services such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, audiology, nursing, adapted transportation, adaptive physical education, and vision support are available for students with additional therapeutic needs.
For more information regarding Special Education services, please contact your school's Special Education Coordinator.
Additionally, you may contact Jessika C. Washington, Director of Student Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Courtney D. Thomas, Student Services Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Department of Student Support and Special Education
Assistant Superintendent for Administrative and Student Services: Jay Homan, Ed.S. firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Student Services: Jessika Washington, Ed.S. email@example.com
Student Services Coordinator: Courtney D. Thomas, Ed.S. firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant: Brittany Duvall: email@example.com
Morgan County Primary School
Special Education Coordinator: Stephanie Rhoades firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan County Elementary School
Special Education Coordinator: Angela Watson email@example.com
Morgan County Middle School
Special Education Coordinator: Kristen Steele firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan County High School
Special Education Coordinator: Jenny Cofield email@example.com
Low Incidence and Transition Specialist: Sonya Meyer firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies, Procedures, and Notices
- MCCSS Special Education Policies and Procedures - Revised 2022
- Public Notice of Child Find Procedures
- LEA Annual Notification of School Choice
- Georgia Department of Education Special Needs Scholarship Program
- Proportionate Share Final Disposition
Early Childhood Special Education
- Preschool Special Education
- How Do I Get Support for My Child with Special Needs?
- Special Education Services for Preschoolers with Disabilities
- CDC's Learn the Signs. Act Early.
- Why Early Screening?
Post Secondary Transition
- Post Secondary Planning and Transition
- Transition to Life After High School
- What Is IEP Transition Planning?
- Transition to Adulthood
- Transitioning to Life After High School
Understanding Special Education Eligibility and Your Child's IEP
- Georgia Department of Education Special Education Eligibility Categories
- Parent2Parent's Guide to Understanding IEPs
- The Short and Sweet IEP Overview
- Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs)
- Special Education
- Section 504
- Social Work
- Gifted Education
- Response to Intervention
- Psychological Services
- School Nurse
- School Counselor
- Early Learning/PreK
- Infectious Disease Information
- Transition Planning and Postsecondary Options for Students with Disabilities
- Community Based Instruction and Community Based Vocational Instruction (CBI and CBVI)
- Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.