The Morgan County Charter School System (MCCS) utilizes substitutes for a variety of positions, including, but not limited to, teachers, bus drivers, custodians, and School Nutrition staff.
How to Become a Substitute with MCCS?
1. Complete the applicable Substitute Employment Application: https://morganga.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx.
Other documentation may be required in accordance with the substitute position. If you are selected, Human Resources will contact you with more information about completing the Criminal Records and Fingerprint Check process.
2. Criminal Records and Fingerprint Check through the Morgan County Sherriff Office.
- Report to the Morgan County Board of Education (BOE) located at 1065 East Avenue Madison, Georgia 30650. You are responsible for the cost for fingerprint processing. Bring with you a cashier’s check or money order payable to Board of Education in the amount of $43.25. Please note: The charge of $43.25 will not be reimbursed.
- Contact the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 342-1507 to make an appointment and identify yourself as a new employee with the BOE. The sheriff’s office is located at 1380 Monticello Road in Madison, Georgia.
3. Substitute Teacher Training Class (online or in person): If you are a Certified Teacher or Licensed Georgia Paraprofessional, you will not be required to complete step 3 & 4, however the interview is still required.
An online training class can be completed by using this link: Morgan County Charter Schools Online Substitute Teacher Training. If you prefer to complete the class in person, please read the instructions below.
A training class conducted by Northeast Georgia RESA (NEGA RESA) is required. Classes are conducted at the main office of NEGA RESA and at various offices of surrounding counties served by NEGA RESA. Please visit the website of NEGA RESA https://www.negaresa.org/substitute-teacher-training or call (706) 742-8292 to determine the date and location of an available session.
4. Classroom Observation
Once criminal records check and substitute training class has been completed, Human Resources will provide you with instrcutions for completing the Classroom Observation.
5. Substitute Teacher Interview
Once the classroom observation is approved, you will be required to complete an interview with the Director of Human Resources. Please contact Central Office Receptionist at 706-752-4600 to schedule an appointment for the interview.
What is the rate of pay?
Non-Certified - $85.00 per day
Certified - $100.00 per day
Long Term Pay an additional - $30.00 per day
Total per day pay (Non-Certified: $115 & Certified: $130)
* To be considered a long term substitute (teacher or paraprofessional), you must be in the same position for 10 or more consecutive business days. Rate will be retroactive to 1st day in position.
* If working half day, you will be paid half of the full-time daily rate.
CLASSIFIED SUBSTITUTE RATE
Bus Drivers - $16.16/hour
Custodian - $10.99/hour
School Nutrition Assistant - $11.87/hour
How will I know what is required to complete my substitute file?
You will receive an email from the Human Resources Department within 24-48 hours of submitting your employment application. The email will include a list of application materials needed to complete your substitute file.
Once I have submitted all of my materials, what happens next?
You will receive an email to complete the following:
- Complete New Hire paperwork. Human Resources will provide instructions.
- Bring the I- 9 acceptable documents such as Social security card AND Driver’s license or valid picture ID to the Central Office. Normal business hours are Monday-Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
- For sub teachers only, review the AESOP Substitute training materials: https://www.morgan.k12.ga.us/departments/human-resources/aesop
- Job Opportunities
- Substitute Hiring
- Dual Employment
- New Employees
- Salary Schedules
- Employee Benefits
- MCCS Para-to-Teacher Program
- Absence Management (AESOP)
- Employee Handbook
- Compliance Training
- Contract of Employment
- Separating from MCCS
- Background Check & Fingerprinting
- Schedule an Appointment with HR (opens in new window)
- Recruitment and Selection
- Teacher Certification
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Newsletter (opens in new window)
- Prospective Practicum/Internship Candidates
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.