Separating from MCCS
When separating from Morgan County Charter School System (MCCS), the following applies:
Certified Professional Employees
MCCS tenders new contracts for all certificated professional personnel who were on the payroll at the beginning of that school year, except personnel who have resigned or who have been terminated, or notified that they will not be rehired for the ensuing school year. MCCS considers a signed contract to be a legal and binding document for one (1) school year; therefore, no request of a resignation submitted after the regularly scheduled June Board meeting will be considered by the Board of Education unless one of the following conditions is met:
- Transfer of a spouse (verification must be attached to the request)
- A promotion in position
- The Board of Education and Superintendent deem that the resignation is in the best interest of the Morgan County Charter School System.
Classified staff resigning a position are required to provide notice in writing to their Principal or Supervisor. It is requested that staff provide a minimum two-week advance notice.
An employee that decides to separate from MCCSS...
- Completes the Employee Resignation/Termination form. Please note: A formal written resignation can be used in addition to the employee resignation form.
- Employee forwards form to Principal/Supervisor for review and approval.
- Principal/Supervisor forwards to the Human Resources Department.
- Human Resources forwards to the appropriate Central Office Staff. Human Resources notifies all parties of approval or disapproval (certified). If approved, employee will receive a Separation Notice via postal mail.
- Certified employees terminating contract for the new contract year must submit form at least thirty (30) days prior to June 1st of the current school year.
- Classified employees are asked to submit form at least two weeks prior to leaving MCCSS.
- The Superintendent is authorized to accept or deny a resignation of certified professional personnel on behalf of the Board of Education. The board may affirm the acceptance of such resignation at the next meeting.
- Should the Board of Education deny the request for release, the teacher is bound by the contract and may be subject to adverse action to his/her teaching certificate by the Professional Standards Commission if the contract is not honored.
- Classified staff resigning a position are required to provide notice in writing to their Principal or supervisor. It is requested that staff provide a minimum two-week advance notice.
- Employees transferring to another school within Morgan County School System must obtain approval from principals of both schools.
- Job Opportunities
- Substitute Hiring
- Dual Employment
- New Employees
- Salary Schedules
- Employee Benefits
- MCCS Para-to-Teacher Program
- Absence Management (AESOP)
- Employee Handbook
- Compliance Training
- Contract of Employment
- Separating from MCCS
- Background Check & Fingerprinting
- Schedule an Appointment with HR (opens in new window)
- Recruitment and Selection
- Teacher Certification
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Newsletter (opens in new window)
- Prospective Practicum/Internship Candidates
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.