Congratulations on your recommendation for a position with the Morgan County Charter School System (MCCS)!
We are pleased that you have selected MCCS as your employer of choice. This site was designed to be your one stop location for resources and information essential for new employees. We have streamlined and automated the new hire process and created this website to help inform you about what to expect as a new employee during your first day, week and month of employment. LET’S GET STARTED!
Download the New Employee Checklist (pdf document) for your reference. Complete the New Employee steps below.
Once you have accepted a conditional employment offer, complete the following steps below right away.
- Contact the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 342-1507 to make an appointment and identify yourself as a new employee with the BOE.
- Prior to your appointment, report to the Morgan County Board of Education (BOE) located at 1065 East Avenue Madison, Georgia 30650 to pay for fingerprinting. You are responsible for the cost for fingerprint processing. Bring with you the following:
- a cashier’s check or money order payable to Morgan County Board of Education in the amount of $43.25 (nonrefundable).
- Proof of Identification such as a Driver's License AND Social Security Card OR Passport. View list of acceptable documents.
- Verification of Work Experience for Salary Credit Guidelines: Previous work experience must be verified for salary purposes. Without verified experience you may be placed at the entry-level salary for your position.
- Download the appropriate Verification of Previous Employment form: Verification of Certified Work Experience (PDF), Verification of Classified/ Non-Teaching Work Experience (PDF)
- Complete Part A of the form.
- Send the form off to all previous employers with whom you have related work experience.
- Your previous employer(s) must return the form to the you upon completion. Forward forms to Human Resources via email, or printed off and send via fax or mail. Once received by Human Resources, your prior work experience will be evaluated as it relates to your position, and salary credit will be granted where appropriate.
- New Hire Paperwork Instructions: ***HR will email information for logging into eTreive to complete On- boarding paperwork either on or before your start date upon Board Approval and/or successful completion of Criminal Records Check and Fingerprinting process.
- Download the Morgan County Employee Handbook. Print and sign the Employee Handbook Acknowledgement form.
- Review your Benefits Offerings at https://morgan.k12.ga.us/departments/human-resourc...
For Certificated/Licensed Professionals Only:
To include Administrators, Paraprofessionals, Teachers and Support Personnel
- MyPSC Account (first time registrats): Register for a MyPSC account at https://mypsc.gapsc.org/Register.aspx
- First-time Teacher/Paraprofessional /Support Personnel: The Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) requires that all Georgia Teachers, Paraprofessionals and Support Personnel hold a valid state license/certificate issued by the GaPSC. Follow the instructions below to obtain license.
- Complete all pages of the below application documents.
- Bring completed application documents to the Central Office BOE. Notary will be on-site.
- Please Note: For individuals with two years or more of college experience, submit official transcripts directly to Morgan County Charter Schools Human Resources Department via email or by mail or Official transcripts can be sent electronically directly from the College/University to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have been approved by the Board, you will be required to complete new hire paperwork. This paperwork is used for a variety of reasons including human resources, payroll and benefits enrollment.
- Review your benefits offerings at https://www.morgan.k12.ga.us/departments/human-res..
As a new employee, you are required to complete state-mandated training. Visit the Required Compliance Training website for instructions on completing the required training modules.
- Job Opportunities
- Substitute Hiring
- Dual Employment
- New Employees
- Salary Schedules
- Employee Benefits
- MCCS Para-to-Teacher Program
- Absence Management (AESOP)
- Employee Handbook
- Compliance Training
- Contract of Employment
- Separating from MCCS
- Background Check & Fingerprinting
- Schedule an Appointment with HR (opens in new window)
- Recruitment and Selection
- Teacher Certification
- Loan Forgiveness Program
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Newsletter (opens in new window)
- Prospective Practicum/Internship Candidates
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.