Congratulations on your recommendation for a position with the Morgan County Charter School System (MCCSS)!
We are pleased that you have selected MCCSS as your employer of choice. This site was designed to be your one stop location for resources and information essential for new employees. We have streamlined and automated the new hire process and created this website to help inform you about what to expect as a new employee during your first day, week and month of employment. LET’S GET STARTED!
Download the New Employee Checklist (pdf document) for your reference. Complete the New Employee steps below.
- STEP 1: COMPLETE PRE-EMPLOYMENT PROCESS PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT
- STEP 2: COMPLETE ON-BOARDING PROCESS THE FIRST WEEK OF EMPLOYMENT
- STEP 3: COMPLETE COMPLIANCE TRAINING AND ENROLL IN BENEFITS WITHIN THE FIRST 31 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT
Once you have accepted a conditional employment offer, complete the following steps below right away.
the New Hire Registration Form: https://softdocs.morgan.
- Click on the Registration Form on the left side menu.
- Enter requested information and submit form.
- You will receive an email with your username and password to your new Softdocs account. Note: If submitting after hours, you will receive an email the next business day.
- Log into your Softdocs account using the link in your email.
- Once logged on, click on the and complete new hire forms.
- Criminal Records Check and Fingerprinting Instructions:
- Contact the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 342-1507 to make an appointment and identify yourself as a new employee with the BOE. Note: It is important to schedule appointment right away. Appointments are scheduled up to two weeks out.
- Prior to your appointment, report to the Morgan
County Board of Education (BOE) located at 1065 East Avenue Madison, Georgia
30650 to pay for fingerprinting. You are responsible
for the cost for fingerprint processing. Bring with you the following:
- a cashier’s check or money order payable to Board of Education in the amount of $39.75 (nonrefundable).
- Proof of Identification such as a Passport; OR Driver's License AND Social Security Card. Click here to see list of acceptable documents.
- Verification of Work Experience for Salary Credit Guidelines: Previous work experience must be verified for salary purposes. Without verified experience you may be placed at the entry-level salary for your position.
- Download the appropriate Verification of Previous Employment form: Verification of Certified Work Experience (pdf document), Verification of Classified/ Non-Teaching Work Experience (pdf document)
- Complete Part A of the form.
- Send the form off to all previous employers with whom you have related work experience. The form may be sent via email, or printed off and sent via fax or mail.
- Your previous employer(s) must return the form to the Human Resources Department upon completion. Instructions are provided on the form. The form may be returned via email, or printed off and sent via fax or mail. Once received by Human Resources, your prior work experience will be evaluated as it relates to your position, and salary credit will be granted where appropriate.
FOR CERTIFICATED/LICENSED PROFESSIONALS ONLY: To include Teachers, Administrators, Paraprofessionals, and Support Personnel
- First-time Teacher/Paraprofessional /Support Personnel: The Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) requires that all Georgia Teachers, Paraprofessionals and Support Personnel hold a valid state license/certificate issued by the GaPSC. Follow the instructions below to obtain license.
- Complete all pages of below application.
- To be completed by first time Paraprofessionals, Support Personnel and Teachers needing a Clearance Certification- GaPSC Claims Application
- To be completed by Teachers who have never held an educator certification in Georgia- GaPSC Initial Certification Application and Verification of Lawful Presence
- Bring completed forms to the Central Office BOE . Notary will be on-site.
- Note: For individuals with two years or more of college experience, submit official transcripts to the PSC. Official transcripts can be sent electronically directly from the institution to email@example.com or mailed to the following address: Georgia Professional Standards Commission 200 Piedmont Avenue SESuite 1702, West Tower Atlanta, GA 30334-9032
- Complete all pages of below application.
Once you have been approved by the Board, you will be required to complete new hire paperwork. This paperwork is used for a variety of reasons including human resources, payroll and benefits enrollment.
- Book an online appointment with the Human Resources Department within the first three days of hire. Note: If your employment begins at the beginning of the year, appointment is not necessary. You will receive information during the New Teacher Orientation.
- Download the Morgan County Employee Handbook. Print, sign and bring the Employee Handbook Acknowledgement form (pdf document) to the appointment.
- Review your benefits offerings at https://www.morgan.k12.ga.us/departments/human-res... .