The Morgan County Charter School System will continue to monitor the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic as we prepare for the coming school year. Below are the COVID-19 Guidelines for Employees.
It is important that all Morgan County Charter School System employees consider the health and safety of each other and themselves as we work together to keep our students safe. As such, there are expectations of self-monitoring in place for all employees. By virtue of reporting for work, you acknowledge that you are not aware that you have COVID-19 or any associated signs or symptoms, including a temperature above 100.3 degrees Fahrenheit, and that you have not been in close contact (within 6 feet for at least 15 minutes) with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
Effective on April 1, 2020, FFCRA provides employees with access to emergency paid sick leave (“EPSL”) for certain leave requests related to the COVID-19 pandemic. EPSL is available for immediate use by qualifying employees. Full-time employees are eligible for up to 80 hours of EPSL. Part-time employees are eligible for EPSL in an amount equal to the number of hours the employee works, on average, over a two-week period. All paid leave under the Act is subject to the provisions outlined below. Employees should contact their supervisors or Human Resources Department with any questions.
Do not report to work if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have been in direct contact (within six feet for at least 15 minutes) of an individual with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Under the FFCRA, an employee qualifies for paid sick time if the employee is unable to work due to the following reasons:
- The employee is subject to a Federal, State, or local quarantine or isolation order related to COVID-19;
- The employee has been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19;
- The employee is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and is seeking a medical diagnosis;
- The employee is caring for an individual subject to an order described in (1) or self-quarantine as described in (2);
- The employee is caring for a child whose school or place of care is closed (or child care provider is unavailable) for reasons related to COVID-19; or
- The employee is experiencing any other substantially-similar condition specified by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Secretaries of Labor and Treasury.
You will be required to provide information or documentation to support your request for emergency paid sick leave.
- If tested for COVID-19 for any reason, self-isolate and contact your administrator. Further guidance will be provided when results are back. It is important that you continue to do this throughout the school year.
- If experiencing the following symptoms, remain home and contact your administrator:
o Fever/temperature at or above 100.4 or chills or sense of having a fever
o Coughing or shortness of breath that you cannot attribute to another health condition
o Ongoing fatigue or body aches that cannot be attributed to another health condition
o Headache, sore throat, congestion or runny nose that cannot be attributed to another health condition
o New loss of taste or smell
o Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea that cannot be attributed to another health condition
- During Open House, we are asking that everyone please wear a mask while they are visiting our schools for this important event.