Computer Access Information
Installing VMware View for Windows
- Log in to the client system as a user with administrator privileges.
- Open a browser and enter the URL of the View Connection Server instance that provides access to the virtual desktop. This URL is https://desktop.morgan.k12.ga.us Internet Explorer can determine whether an upgrade is available, whereas other browsers cannot. Also, in the list of installers, Internet Explorer lists 32-bit installers if the client has a 32-bit system and lists 64-bit installers if the client has a 64-bit system, whereas Firefox lists both 32-bit and 64-bit installers.
- Follow the prompts on the Web page. If the version available from View Connection Server is newer than that installed on the client device, you can choose to upgrade. If the version is the same as that on the client device, View Portal starts the View Client installed on the client computer. If you have an older version of View Client and a smart card is required for client connections, an Internet Explorer browser prompts you to insert your smart card before View Portal checks the version of your existing View Client.
- Double-click the VMware View Client desktop shortcut or click Start > Programs > VMware > VMware View Client.
- In the Connection Server drop-down menu, enter the host name of the View Connection Server desktop.morgan.k12.ga.us
- Change the SSL certificate checking by clicking Configure SSL. Chose “Allow the unverifiable connection (Not Secure). “ This setting means that View does not perform any certificate checking.
Installing VMware View for Windows (short version)
- Go to https://desktop.morgan.k12.ga.us and follow the directions for installing VMware View
- Connection Server Name: desktop.morgan.k12.ga.us
- During the first connection, change the SSL certificate checking by clicking Configure SSL. Chose “Allow the unverifiable connection (Not Secure). “