Congratulations on your recommendation for a position with the Morgan County Charter School System (MCCSS)!
We are pleased that you have selected MCCSS as your employer of choice. This site was designed to be your one stop location for resources and information essential for new employees. We have streamlined and automated the new hire process and created this website to help inform you about what to expect as a new employee during your first day, week and month of employment. LET’S GET STARTED!
Download the New Employee Checklist (pdf document) for your reference. Complete the New Employee steps below.
- STEP 1: COMPLETE PRE-EMPLOYMENT PROCESS PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT
- STEP 2: COMPLETE ON-BOARDING PROCESS THE FIRST WEEK OF EMPLOYMENT
- STEP 3: COMPLETE COMPLIANCE TRAINING WITHIN THE FIRST 30 DAYS OF EMPLOYMENT
Once you have accepted a conditional employment offer, complete the following steps below right away.
- Complete the New Hire Registration Form: https://softdocs.morgan.k12.ga.us/index.aspx?unm=n... Follow the instructions in the Online Registration & New Hire Packet User Guide (pdf document). Once Human Resources receives and approves registration form, you will receive an email with username and password to login to Softdocs to complete new hire paperwork.
- Criminal Records Check Instructions: The Morgan County Board of Education (BOE) has established a procedure with the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office for obtaining the required fingerprinting and criminal records check.
- Report to the Morgan County Board of Education (BOE) located at 1065 East Avenue Madison, Georgia 30650. You are responsible for the cost for fingerprint processing. Bring with you a cashier’s check or money order payable to Board of Education in the amount of $39.25. Please note: The charge of $39.25 will not be reimbursed to a new employee.
- Contact the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 342-1507 to make an appointment and identify yourself as a new employee with the BOE. The sheriff’s office is located at 1380 Monticello Road in Madison, Georgia. Appointments are available Monday – Friday at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Please allow an hour for the appointment. Please note wait time for an appointment can be up to two-weeks. You will be required to present this original receipt to the sheriff’s officer to verify payment.
- Note: If employment begins within 30 days of the offer for employment, the fingerprinting and records check must be completed immediately. New employees scheduled to begin work at the beginning of the next school year must provide documentation the process is complete by July 1st, prior to the first day of employment, or the first interaction with students whichever comes first.
- Verification of Work Experience for Salary Credit Guidelines: Previous work experience must be verified for salary purposes. Without verified experience you may be placed at the entry-level salary for your position.
- Download the appropriate Verification of Previous Employment form: Verification of Certified Work Experience (pdf document), Verification of Classified/ Non-Teaching Work Experience (pdf document)
- Complete Part A of the form.
- Send the form off to all previous employers with whom you have related work experience. The form may be sent via email, or printed off and sent via fax or mail.
- Your previous employer(s) must return the form to the Human Resources Department upon completion. Instructions are provided on the form. The form may be returned via email, or printed off and sent via fax or mail. Once received by Human Resources, your prior work experience will be evaluated as it relates to your position, and salary credit will be granted where appropriate.
FOR CERTIFICATED/LICENSED PROFESSIONALS ONLY
(To include Teachers, Administrators, Paraprofessionals, and Support Personnel)
- Complete all pages of the attached Initial License Packet.
- Bring completed forms to the Central Office BOE . Notary will be on-site.
- TKES/LKES/Contributing Professional Release form: This includes administrators, teachers, and paraprofessionals. Download the Release Form, complete and sign, and forward to the MCCSS Human Resources Department.
Once you have been approved by the Board, you will be required to complete new hire paperwork. This paperwork is used for a variety of reasons including human resources, payroll and benefits enrollment.
- Book an online appointment with the Human Resources Department within the first three days of hire. Note: If your employment begins at the beginning of the year, appointment is not necessary. You will receive information during the New Teacher Orientation.
- Download the Morgan County Employee Handbook. Print, sign and bring the Employee Handbook Acknowledgement form (pdf document) to the appointment.
- Review your benefits offerings at https://www.morgan.k12.ga.us/departments/human-res... .