The Morgan County Charter School System (MCCSS) utilizes substitutes for a variety of positions, including, but not limited to, teachers, bus drivers, custodians, and School Nutrition staff.
How to Become a Substitute with MCCSS?
1. Complete the applicable Substitute Employment Application: https://morganga.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx . Other documentation may be required in accordance with the substitute position.
2. Criminal Records and Fingerprint Check through the Morgan County Sherri ff Office.
- Report to the Morgan County Board of Education (BOE) located at 1065 East Avenue Madison, Georgia 30650. You are responsible for the cost for fingerprint processing. Bring with you a cashier’s check or money order payable to Board of Education in the amount of $39.25. Please note: The charge of $39.25 will not be reimbursed.
- Contact the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office at (706) 342-1507 to make an appointment and identify yourself as a new employee with the BOE. The sheriff’s office is located at 1380 Monticello Road in Madison, Georgia. Appointments are available Monday – Friday at 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
What is the rate of pay?
Non-Certificated- $60.00 per day
Certificated - $75.00 per day
Long Term- Additional- $20.00
* To be considered a long term substitute (teacher or paraprofessional), you must be in the same position for 10 or more consecutive business days. Rate will be retroactive to 1st day in position.
* If working half day, you will be paid half of the full-time daily rate.
CLASSIFIED SUBSTITUTE RATE
Bus Drivers- $12.45/hour
School Nutrition Assistant- $9.44/hour
Once I have submitted all of my materials, what happens next?
You will be notified to complete the following:
- Complete the New Hire Registration Form: https://softdocs.morgan.k12.ga
.us/index.aspx?unm=newhire&ssnOnce Human Resources receives and approves registration form, you will receive an email with username and password to login to Softdocs to complete new hire paperwork. =0000&pwd=0000
- Book an online appointment with the Human Resources Department within the first three days of hire. OR contact the Human Resources Department at 706-752-4600 to schedule an appointment. Bring the I- 9 acceptable documents such as Social security card AND Driver’s license or valid picture ID; OR Passport.
- For sub teachers only, review the AESOP Substitute training materials: https://www.morgan.k12.ga.us/departments/human-resources/aesop